Very Soon! CLOSED
- Confirmation Calendar: Live Calendar for Confirmation
- Retreats: a Confirmation Retreat, and one Retreat of Teen’s Choice (options below under requirements).
- Youth Conference October 21 (evening) and October 22 (all day)
- One-on-One with Sponsor, 1 time a month.
- Parental Involvement. Please see the Confirmation Registration Form for ways to get involved. We need you!
COURSE DESCRIPTIONIn order for teens to thrive and develop confidence in their Catholic faith, they need to be understood, to belong, to be safe, to engage their critical thinking, to be guided. Our model of small group formation is designed to help meet the needs of teens, and helping them to put their knowledge of faith into practice. Our content is Y-Disciple, produced by Augustine Institute, and is designed to help us – all of us working together – to form confident young disciples for Christ.
- Student is in High School as of September 2016
- Registered Parishioner (or permission in writing from the Pastor of your parish)
- Regularly (weekly) Participates at Mass and Holy Days of Obligation
- Student has attended either a Catholic School parish-based Religious Education in 2015/2016 academic year. If not, you can still enroll and will be scheduled for Confirmation in 2018.
- If not at Annunciation School or Religious Education, need certificate/letter of completion from your parish religious education coordinator.
- Student has a sincere desire to grow in faith, and shows a personal desire to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Sunday, September 11, 2016: Orientation – Parents, Students
- Three formation sessions a month (see calendar)
- Confirmation begins week of Sunday, September 18, 2016
- Youth Conference, October 21 (evening) and October 22 (all day), at St Therese
- Confirmation Rehearsal and Reconciliation Service: Monday, May 15, 2017
- Confirmation Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- One Confirmation Retreat – 4 choices: February 11, 2017 March 18, 2017 April 22, 2017, or May 13, 2017
- One Retreat of Candidate’s Choice, such as (pick one):
- the Archdiocesan Advent Retreat
- Archdiocesan Lenten Retreat
- Weekend SEARCH Retreat (November 11-13, 2016, in Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe in Pojoaque)
- Weekend SEARCH Retreat in the Spring, Date (TBD)
- Vocation Retreat (Men with Norbertines or Archdiocese); Women with Canossians Sisters)
- Other, such as Quinceanera Retreat, School Retreat will be considered.
- Post-Confirmation Sessions
- Attend all Confirmation sessions
- Monthly Community Nights encouraged
- Participation at our weekly 5:30PM Sunday Youth Mass
- Serve your community in some way using one or more of the spiritual and corporal works of mercy, and write a one-page essay on your experience. School service hours are acceptable so long as they fit in a category of mercy.
$40 – Materials
$25 – Confirmation Retreat
$35 – Youth Conference (October 21-22, 2016)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CANDIDATES
- Participation in all Confirmation Sessions.
- Active participation in the life of the Church, especially Mass
- Attendance and participation at required retreats and other youth events
- Assignments (these will be explained in more detail at the Parent/Candidate Orientation on Sunday, September 11, 2016):
- Saint Paper: 1 – 2 page report on the life of your Patron Saint for Confirmation, whom you find inspiration in living your Catholic life.
- Letter to the Archbishop of Santa Fe explaining why you want to be confirmed
- Essay on your service to the broader community, using one or more works of Mercy
- One-on-One Confirmation time with Sponsor, once a month, at a location of your choosing.
Follow our Confirmation Candidate’s Journey